Cleverly designed in a segmental manner, these ovens are quick and cheap to construct, with the smaller ones able to be sold as a “kit” for self-assembly.
For the simplest outdoor use, the smaller models can even be operated without a chimney.
Built inside an out-building or kitchen, they have a chimney perched in front of the doorway, and can be built into an enclosed structure enabling substantial insulation. A simple insulated door, provided in the oven kit, is placed into the doorway after firing.
Oven Base Construction
These photos show a well made base for a medium sized oven. Notice that the lintels chosen are suited to the standard building block.
Wood-fired oven days throughout the PANARY calendar of courses are:
- 30th April, 2018 – 4 Day “PANARY In Provence”
- 13th May, 2018 – 1 Day Wood-fired Oven
- 11th August, 2018 – 1 Day Pizza & Italian
- 12th August, 2018 – 1 Day Wood-fired Oven
- 29th April, 2019 – 4 Day “PANARY In Provence”
N.B. On 3-day, Continental, and French courses the wood-fired oven can be used by request.