Tuesday April 7th, 2020
This newsletter will find you in your homes, undergoing various forms of “lockdown”.
Covid 19 has caused the postponement of all my courses for April-May-June. By the middle of July, however, I am hoping that our lives will have resumed some normal patterns, and on the strength of that hope I am setting a full programme for the second half of the year. See the new Calendar below.
For the Baker’s Topic here I had the mischievous urge to write about the quirky behaviour of sourdough bacteria, thinking it was a topic that chimed well with the current world absorption with another infamous little microbe. But since a virus is not bacteria I have moved on to a more sensible topic. In each of the next few newsletters I shall compose a topic that deals with an interesting facet, or a recipe, from several of the forthcoming courses that had to be postponed.
CALENDAR – the second half of the year
- Sat 5th — 1 Day Pizza and Italian Baking
- Sun 6th — 1 Day Wood-fired Oven
- Sat 19th — 2 Day French – with Sourdough
- Tue 6th — 1 Day Patisserie/Viennoiserie
- Fri 16th — 3 Day Going Professional
- Sat 24th — 1 Day Sourdough Baking
- Thu 5th — 4 day bread baking course, Devon
- Sat 14th — 1 Day Sweet Doughs Christmas Baking
- Sat 28th — 1 Day Nordic-Germanic
- Sat 5th — 1 Day Basic Bread Baking
That’s it. Good baking Panarians. Paul