February 20, 2019
There has been some excitement here as we get into stride for this year. We have planned the new group of courses, the 4-hour PANARY Experience, and in this
In case you were wondering, “autolyse” as the Baker’s Topic is the name of a type of preliminary mix that precedes dough making.
- Sat 16th — 1 Day Pizza & Italian
- Sat 23rd — 2 Day French – with Sourdough
- Fri 29th — 3 Day Going Professional
- Sat 6th — 1 Day Sweet Doughs (Easter)
- Sat 13th — 1 Day Basic British
- Mon 29th — 4 Day “PANARY In Provence”
New courses – the PANARY 4-hour Experience
In a matter of hours, you will learn how to make bread with an unforgettable crust, flavour, and aroma – just the thing you would want to share with your family and friends.
- 4-hour experience, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Fee per person – £95
- Maximum number of students on an Experience – 6
- These new courses are suitable for families
- Course notes and recipes will arrive electronically when you book on
You will learn:
- How to make good dough, recognising properly developed
- The importance of temperature coupled with the right amount of yeast
- Hand skills for handling and shaping dough
- udgement of proof, and correct baking
The first three Experiences are ready to go, and soon will be on the website, with bookings going through our newly created shop.
White Bread Experience
In this experience on Saturday 25th May teaches about quality white dough-making, and how to make and bake different classic shapes: tin, cob, stick, plait, and more!
In this experience on Saturday, June 8 you will learn about the ripe sponge that is incorporated in this soft and lively dough; gain skills for handling these remarkable flatbreads; select an array of flavoursome toppings to be placed on your focaccia as it heads for the oven.
British Bread Experience
For this experience on Saturday 22nd June, Students make two doughs. The Malt Star dough is known as “granary”, which is popular throughout the British Isles. With the white dough you will make the English classic known as the “cottage loaf”, where a ball is placed atop a round base.
Join me in a traditional Dorset watermill, and place yourself in the hands of a master craftsman to enjoy this PANARY Experience. Bookings open soon!
Other planned Experiences are:
- The Croissant Experience
- The Bagel & Pretzel Experience
- The Pizza Experience
- The Baguette Experience
- The Ciabatta Experience
PANARY in PROVENCE, April 29 – May 4
There is still one place left!
Buy Our Bread
Baker’s Topic: Autolyse
Good baking, Paul