What we’ll do
In this Pizza experience, Paul Merry teaches you how to make the soft and stretchy dough that is suitable for thin pizzas.
While your pizza dough proves, you will learn how to make the real Neapolitan version of tomato sauce.
In a matter of hours, you will have made two tasty, but uncluttered, versions of pizza. They will feature an unforgettable crust, flavours, and aroma – just the thing you would want to share with your family and friends.
What you learn
- How to make good pizza dough with the right amount of yeast
- Hand skills for working the dough, rolling and stretching
- Judgement of proof, and correct baking in the hot oven
- How to cook pizzas in a wood-fired oven
- Advice about cooking them in a normal domestic oven
- Preparing a small choice of ingredients, like basil and mozzarella, to be the toppings on your tomato-based pizza as it heads for the oven.
- and lots more
What PANARY provides
- Ingredients and equipment – from bowls to bannetons, we’ve got you covered
- Refreshments on arrival (tea, coffee, spring water) and a light snack
- Notes emailed after course
What should I bring?
- Apron (PANARY aprons can be purchased on the day from our shop)
- A large box to take all your bakes home
Where we’ll be
PANARY bakery is in the courtyard of a traditional water mill – Cann Mills – near Shaftesbury, Dorset. It is one of the most tranquil places you could wish to learn about real bread. The course will be run in a working bakery.
What else can I do in the area?
Visit Gold Hill, the ancient cobbled street in Shaftesbury, (site of the old Hovis TV ad); Salisbury Cathedral; and many National Trust properties in Dorset and Wiltshire.
Families, groups and team building
These courses are perfect for families, special occasions (let us know the occasion beforehand and we will help make it the perfect day), team development.
Contact Paul today for more information.