PANARY gives advice and offers a consultancy service to the craft sectors of the baking industry
PANARY’s expertise covers:
- Long fermentation techniques
- The sponge method
Regarding traditional methods, slow doughs,
- are you looking for flavour and texture in your bread?
- Do you want moisture retention without chemicals and additives?
- Are you seeking the open, honeycomb texture of good Continental bread, French or Italian?
- As well as the English sponge system, do you want to learn about levains and starter doughs in the European bread-making manner?
Paul Merry can show a vast array of table skills and workshop the moulding technique for any shape.
are you getting the most from your oven?
- Do you suffer from bottlenecks in your production schedule?
- Are you utilising the full potential of baking with falling heat?
- Do you need advice on heat retention as an approach to use of resources and minimum waste?
Workshops and Staff Training
Small groups can come to the PANARY facility at Cann Mills, near Shaftsbury. Alternatively, Paul Merry, as consultant, can hold workshops in the client’s premises.
- Basic – What is the fermentation process? Baking a range of products using several grain types: Wheat (white, wholemeal, malted preparations), Rye and Spelt.
- Sponges & Pre-ferments – both English & French
- Pizza & Italian style such as Ciabatta & Focaccia
- British Traditional – sponges and long fermentation; moulding & proving traditional shapes like the Cottage loaf; table and hand skills generally.
- Continental breads, French & Italian – get that moist chewy texture; learn to work with sponges and starters.
- Sourdough, both Wheat & Rye, catching and working a wild yeast.
- Festive breads – preparation for Christmas and Easter.
See the current array of PANARY courses to see more topics.
I would just like to pass on my sincere thanks to you for being not just a great and passionate teacher but being so hospitable. For me, the lunches were the best I have had on any course, and your style of self-reflection and laid back teaching make the process of learning new skills so much more accessible.October 2019, Martin Johns, Team Leader, Kenwood R & D team who attended a special course.
Paul Merry has been a craftsman baker for over 35 years, involved with working in Australia and the British Isles.
- Do you need help in the layout of your craft bakery?
- Do you need help in choosing the products to make and how to seek excellence?
- Do you need assistance in selecting suitable equipment for the craft baking you want to do?
- Do you need assistance with recruitment of bakers and pastry cooks?
- Are you attracted to the craftsmanship and challenge of installing a wood fired brick oven?
- Do you need advice on going ORGANIC?
- Do you, or staff, need assistance with dough handling, hand skills, oven work?
- Real Bread Somerset
- REEOCIC project for Women ex-prisoners, Liverpool
- Holtwhites Bakery, Enfield
- Craft Bakers, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Wheat Breeding Link Project, Organic Research Centre, Elm Farm
- HiQ Bakery, Calabar, Nigeria
- Ian Martin Consultancy, Manchester
- AT THE CHAPEL restaurant & bakery, Bruton, Somerset
- Lighthouse Bakery, Clapham
- Dovecote Bakery, Cambridge
- Mark’s Bread, Bristol
- Long Crichel Bakery, Dorset
- Flint Owl Bakery, Glynde, Sussex
- Lunya Restaurant & Cafe, Liverpool
- Real Bread Bakery, Sheffield
- Wall to Wall Television, London
- Barrons Bakery, Cappoquin, Waterford, Ireland
- Riverford Farm Foods, Devon
- Brightlands Hotel Resort, Mahabaleshwar, Mumbai, India
- Ockham Farm Shop Bakery, Torbay
- Infinity Foods, Brighton
- Fresh!Organic, sandwich makers, London
- ITAL PANE, Harrow
For more information or to discuss your requirements, please call Paul Merry on 01747 851102 or email: [email address=”email@example.com”]