Monday, September 25th
Soon the year ends. There are a few courses in CALENDAR to complete the year, and then some dates are set forward to March 2024.
There has been a postponement for my book publication date, and it is now coming out next Easter.
This newsletter features two special items: a call for a new ‘Apprentice’ to attend my commercial baking day every Thursday, and the Baker’s Topic is ‘Plaiting’ – such lovely and handsome shapes for white dough.
Will Armstrong has been with me for a few months and he has been learning fast, Already he is a capable baker, being stationed on the electric deck oven while I see to the wood-fired oven. His table work was improving fast and his knowledge of fermentation is becoming deep. Unfortunately for me, Will is returning to uni after having taken a year out.
The ‘apprentice’ position really suits a person who is keen to become a capable baker. It is old-fashioned in its way since every Thursday the apprentice gives me labour, and in return I give the apprentice all my knowledge and skill. For anyone out there interested – do get in touch by email or phone.
Click on a course and you are taken to the course description and the booking procedure.
- Sat 18th — Sourdough · 1 day (3 places)
- Tue 5th – Basic (Christmas) 1 day (4 places)
- Sat 3rd – Pizza & Italian 1 day (4 places)
- Tue 6th – Basic 1 day (4 places)
- Sat 24th – Sourdough 1 day (4 places)
- Tue 27th – French 1 day (4 places)
- Tue 12th British 1 day (4 places)
- Sat 16th French with Sourdough 2 days (4 places)
Thank you, Panariarians, good-bye and good baking, Paul