Panary gives advice and offers a consultancy service to the craft sectors of the baking industry.
Panary’s expertise covers:
– long fermentation techniques
– the sponge method
Regarding traditional methods, slow doughs,
- are you looking for flavour and texture in your bread?
- Do you want moisture retention without chemicals and additives?
- Are you seeking the open, honeycomb texture of good Continental bread, French or Italian?
- As well as the English sponge system, do you want to learn about levains and starter doughs in the European bread-making manner?
Paul Merry can show a vast array of table skills and workshop the moulding technique for any shape.
are you getting the most from your oven?
- Do you suffer from bottlenecks in your production schedule?
- Are you utilising the full potential of baking with falling heat?
- Do you need advice on heat retention as an approach to use of resources and minimum waste?
Workshops & Staff Training
Small groups can come to the PANARY facility at Cann Mills, near Shaftsbury. Alternatively, Paul Merry, as consultant, can hold workshops in the client’s premises.
- Basic – What is the fermentation process? Baking a range of products using several grain types: Wheat (white, wholemeal, malted preparations), Rye and Spelt.
- Sponges & Pre-ferments – both English & French
- Pizza & Italian style such as Ciabatta & Focaccia
- British Traditional – sponges and long fermentation; moulding & proving traditional shapes like the Cottage loaf; table and hand skills generally.
- Continental breads, French & Italian – get that moist chewy texture; learn to work with sponges and starters.
- Sourdough, both Wheat & Rye, catching and working a wild yeast.
- Festive breads – preparation for Christmas and Easter.
See the current array of PANARY courses to see more topics.
Paul Merry has been a craftsman baker for over 35 years, involved with working in Australia and the British Isles.
- Do you need help in the layout of your craft bakery?
- Do you need help in choosing the products to make and how to seek excellence?
- Do you need assistance in selecting suitable equipment for the craft baking you want to do?
- Do you need assistance with recruitment of bakers and pastry cooks?
- Are you attracted to the craftsmanship and challenge of installing a wood fired brick oven?
- Do you need advice on going ORGANIC?
- Do you, or staff, need assistance with dough handling, hand skills, oven work?
- Holtwhites Bakery, Enfield
- Craft Bakers, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Wheat Breeding Link Project, Organic Research Centre, Elm Farm
- HiQ Bakery, Calabar, Nigeria
- Ian Martin Consultancy, Manchester
- AT THE CHAPEL restaurant & bakery, Bruton, Somerset
- Lighthouse Bakery, Clapham
- Dovecote Bakery, Cambridge
- Mark’s Bread, Bristol
- Long Crichel Bakery, Dorset
- Flint Owl Bakery, Glynde, Sussex
- Lunya Restaurant & Cafe, Liverpool
- Real Bread Bakery, Sheffield
- Wall to Wall Television, London
- Barrons Bakery, Cappoquin, Waterford, Ireland
- Riverford Farm Foods, Devon
- Brightlands Hotel Resort, Mahabaleshwar, Mumbai, India
- Ockham Farm Shop Bakery, Torbay
- Infinity Foods, Brighton
- Fresh!Organic, sandwich makers, London
- ITAL PANE, Harrow
For more information or to discuss your requirements, please call Paul Merry on 01747 823711 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org